Louis Riel - Founder of the Province of Manitoba
The Executive of Seven Oaks Métis Council is comprised of four positions;
Chairperson: Janna Fowles-Joseph
Interim Secretary: Melanie Lalonde
Interim Vice-Chairperson: Sharol Stewart
Treasurer: Santanna Tates
All positions are four-year terms, starting October 10, 2018, and are completely voluntary. Local Executives attend regional and provincial assemblies concerning the Manitoba Métis Federation business and affairs in Winnipeg. Our Executives also take part in annual training current to their roles within Seven Oaks Métis Council.
Seven Oaks Métis Council was founded by Métis Citizens living in Winnipeg Region. Our passion remains rooted in Métis culture, history, language, and traditions. Our goals, ambitions, and inspirations have come together to form a truly amazing Local within Winnipeg Region that all of us are proud to be part of.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about Seven Oaks Métis Council, and how we’ve been loyally serving Metis Citizens living in Winnipeg Region since 2000.
1. To promote and instill pride in Métis history and culture by providing our citizens with relevant cultural training opportunities and education sessions.
2. To educate our citizens with respect to their legal, political, social, and other rights as Métis Citizens.
3. To organize the Métis people our Local.
4. To promote the objectives of the Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) and Winnipeg Métis Association Inc. (WMA).
5. To inform our citizens of all matters that affect the MMF and WMA.
6. To initiate programs to address the needs of our members.
Seven Oaks Metis Council's Initiatives within Winnipeg Region.
Sign up here to receive updates regarding our Council (Local), Winnipeg Region, and Manitoba Métis Federation business, events, and information.