Louis Riel - Founder of the Province of Manitoba
The Executive of Seven Oaks Métis Council is comprised of four Executive position and two Representative positions;
Chairperson: Janna Fowles-Joseph
Vice-Chairperson: Santanna Tates
Treasurer: Melanie Lalonde
Secretary: Hannah Keenes
Elder Representative: Linda St. Cyr-Saric
Youth Representative: Meghan Young
All positions are four-year terms with the most recent term starting in June 2022, and are completely voluntary. Local Executives attend regional and provincial assemblies concerning the Manitoba Métis Federation business and affairs in Winnipeg. Our Executives also take part in annual training current to their roles within Seven Oaks Métis Council.
Our passion remains rooted in Métis culture, history, language, and traditions. Together we will pass down the knowledge to our youth.
1. To promote and instill pride in Métis history and culture by providing our citizens with relevant cultural training opportunities and education sessions.
2. To educate our citizens with respect to their legal, political, social, and other rights as Métis Citizens.
3. To organize the Métis people our Local.
4. To promote the objectives of the Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) and Winnipeg Métis Association Inc. (WMA).
5. To inform our citizens of all matters that affect the MMF and WMA.
6. To initiate programs to address the needs of our members.
Sign up here to receive updates regarding our Council (Local), Winnipeg Region, and Manitoba Métis Federation business, events, and information.